Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A JOURNEY OF GRACE: The Fe Baguio Story

A JOURNEY OF GRACE: The Fe Baguio Story

Hello po sa lahat (Hello to everyone). I’m FE BAGUIO and I’m glad to be a member of the Apostles Filipino Catholic Community (AFCC) online. I learned about it through my friend Joan Gumatin. Since our intention is to manifest our faith on how GOD LEADS US INTO his glory, I just want to share my EXPERIENCE OF LIFE.

CHILDHOOD

Since childhood, I have realized that GOD HAS NEVER LEFT ME. Although I have never received the Sacrament of Baptism; as a child, I had a natural inclination to search for GOD. In my search, I joined prayer meetings and spent time in the church. At times when my parents searched for me, they found me inside the church.

BLAMING GOD

I had faith in GOD, but I didn't have much knowledge of Him. As I grow older, I began to experience all kinds of trials. My problems increased to the point that I started blaming GOD. I said, "WHY ME, IF I AM A GOOD DAUGHTER?" I experienced a time of long and painful agony.

THE WORD OF GOD

Then one day, I found a BIBLE that someone had tried to burn and began reading it. The WORD OF GOD made me see my mistakes. I cried and ask forgiveness for blaming GOD. I gave thanks to him for the gift of my life and I said that I wanted to serve HIM using the gifts HE has given. NOT just a listener, but a doer of HIS WORD.

LIVE-IN

AFTER SOME TIME, I AGAIN GOT INTO SIN AND MISERY BY CONSENTING TO LIVE WITH MY BOYFRIEND WITHOUT THE SACRAMENT OF MATRIMONY. WE HAD CHILDREN, BUT OUR FAMILY GOT INTO ALL KINDS OF DIFFICULTIES.I began to hate those who looked down on me.

THE FIVE IDEALS

When I went to Hong Kong, GOD blessed me with a good employer who advised me to go out on my day off with a lady whom she recommended because of her good behavior. I went with her to a prayer meeting where they were sharing the Gospel. I was surprised at their way of sharing the Gospel; it was so simple yet enlightening. By sincerely savoring the Word of God, I could see how GOD was working in their lives. I heard them mentioning the five ideals:

1. TO READ MEDITATE AND SAVOUR THE HOLY GOSPEL EVERYDAY.

2. TO IMITATE CHRIST.

3. TO LIVE IN POOR MEANS.

4. TO DO PROFOUND AND PROLONGED PRAYER.

5. TO DO APOSTOLATE.

Each ideal had a very good connection with their lives, acting as a bridge to bring them closer to GOD.

FIVE DAYS OF LIGHT

I was invited to receive the “Five Days of Light” seminar. I cried of joy, thanking GOD for calling me again and for the opportunity to change my life, to deepen my faith and to realize HIS unwavering love for me. I was touched by the Gospel verse John 15:16:

"YOU DID NOT CHOOSE ME, I CHOSE YOU, AND APPOINTED YOU TO GO AND BEAR MUCH FRUIT,THE FRUIT THAT ENDURES.AND SO THE FATHER WILL GIVE YOU WHATEVER YOU ASK OF HIS NAME."

I believed that this is a call for me to stand firm and a chance to be a good preacher. I have learned to embrace the teachings of JESUS and how to live these teachings by practicing the “five ideals”. These have helped me to be a good christian and grow closer to GOD. He has rearranged my life in a way that I can bear fruit, and someday, be a light to others, even in a simple way.

THREE SACRAMENTS IN JUST A YEAR!

In 2009, I was invited to attend the adult catechism and I am so blessed to received the Sacrament of Baptism. It was a great joy that there were 4 priests who witnessed and administered my baptism. I really felt and understood the meaning of Baptism. Ang sarap ng feeling talaga (What a wonderful feeling it is!). I cried with joy. And after a couple of weeks. I received my Confirmation. Furthermore, in just 3 weeks thereafter, I received the Sacrament of Matrimony.

Through my prayers and the prayers of my friends and the 3rd category of the “Little Brethren of Mary” whose always there, I feel that GOD IS HELPING ME WALK IN HIS WAY!!!

THANK YOU PO FOR THE OPPORTUNITY....GOD BLESS US!!!

1 comment:

  1. UPDATE:

    A certain BERNY DIZON responded heartwarmingly (Jan 18, 2011) to our sister FE through the following words:

    Jesus'peace and love be with you.my name is berny dizon.I am an avid fan of men of light.One time my friend read your sharing in another evangelization program.She told me it's very nice and wants to make a comment.But her comp. Was messed up after that.by the way,ano nga ba iyong pangalan ng program na iyon,AFC?or what.
    So,nagpunta ako doon at na read ko ang sharing mo.wow,napakaganda anak! I can see the AMAZING LORD,is moving in your life and you had a big TRANSFORMATION upon accepting Jesus in your life.

    Fe minsan,parang nag'like' ka sa isang comment ko sa MOL,kaya sabi ko sa friend ko na parang natatandaan kita.

    Anyway,am glad you already received Jesus in your life as your Lord and Savior.as i did in the yr.2ooo.since then,God is using me mightily and made me His servants and collecting soul for Jesus.I evangelize,pray for the people and guide them by accepting the Lord Jesus.As i do it,the Holy Spirit is the one in CHARGE."for apart from him i can do nothing" Jn 15:5.I do a lot more work for the Lord. I have a small ministry for the Lord.

    God bless and have a nice day from the Lord.
    TO GOD BE THE GLORY

    Jesus and me Loves you.

    I am a Catholic.

    ReplyDelete